Personal Liability Umbrella insurance supplements the liability coverage you already have through your homeowners or auto insurance and provides an extra layer of protection through increased or excess coverage limits. The umbrella policy kicks in when you reach the limit on your underlying liability coverage. Most importantly, the cost of your legal defense is provided for a covered loss.
Umbrella Insurance is not as expensive as you may think! Contact Us and we can quickly let you know how inexpensive an Umbrella Insurance policy can be.
You may want to consider purchasing a Personal Liability Umbrella if :
- You want greater liability coverage than you already have through your homeowners or auto insurance.
- Your total assets exceed your underlying liability limits.
- You want to make sure your current assets and future earnings are protected.
- You earn or have the potential to earn significant income.
- You have or have the potential to have assets over $1 million, including property and vehicles.
- You are financially responsible for a young or inexperienced driver.
- You frequently carpool young children.
- You own or operate an aircraft or boat.
- You own a swimming pool, trampoline or dog.
- You own a waterfront property, a farm or a ranch.
- You employ one or more people in your home.
Plan for the unexpected
Most people work very hard to accumulate assets – it is important to try to protect them. You never know when the unexpected may occur – make sure you are prepared and don’t forget your umbrella!